Lincoln authorities identify man who died after carbon monoxide buildup in home

Authorities have identified that man who died after a carbon monoxide buildup at a mobile home in north Lincoln.

Thursday, police identified the man as Ruben “Javier” Moreno Campos, 57.

Carbon monoxide gas may have led to the Lincoln man’s death and the hospitalization of three others, authorities said.

Police and rescue squad personnel were dispatched to a Lincoln mobile home around 3 a.m. Wednesday to investigate reports of an unconscious man.

Police said four people were taken to a hospital and one of them, Campos, died. An autopsy has been ordered.

A firefighter’s carbon-monoxide alarm indicated an elevated carbon-monoxide level in the home.

A service technician at the scene found that the mobile home’s water heater was not venting properly. The vent was disconnected, which caused the exhaust to circulate into the trailer, police said.

The investigation into the case is continuing.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments