Firefighters called to oven fire

Beatrice, Neb. (News Channel Nebraska) Beatrice Firefighters were summoned to a small kitchen fire, early Monday night.

Firefighters were sent to a house near 4th and Washington, where a fire broke out in an oven.

No one was injured and there was minimal damage from the incident. A department spokesman says the fire was triggered by grease build-up that ignited.

Firefighters say the flames were doused with an extinguisher. Officials used a pressure fan to clear smoke from the residence.

Firefighters were called out at six-twenty five p.m. and were on the scene for about a half-hour.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.