NCAA basketball fans headed to CenturyLink Center Omaha should prepare to pass through metal detectors and follow the facility’s clear bag policy.
What to expect this weekend:
- Fans will line up outside the arena doors.
- Fans will be asked to remove metal objects from their pockets before passing through detectors.
- Fans will walk through metal detectors — there are 50 at the arena.
- Lights will alert security when a spectator needs to be searched more closely.
- Only clear plastic tote bags or one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are allowed in the arena.
- Clutch-sized purses or wallets smaller than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches are also allowed after screening.
In Friday’s NCAA basktball matchups, top-seeded Kansas will face No. 5 Clemson at 6 p.m., and No. 2 Duke will face No. 11 Syracuse at 8:30 p.m. Friday’s winners will play each other at 6 p.m. Sunday, with that winner advancing to the Final Four in San Antonio.