TECUMSEH, Neb. – The East Atchison girls golf team earned the team championship at the Johnson County Central Invite Thursday at the Tecumseh Country Club.
The Wolves claimed the top two spots in the individual standings. Kaely Kirwin shot an 88 and won the individual title, followed by Lauren Quimby in second with an 89.
“The golfers had to contend with temperatures in the mid-90’s and a gusting south wind, and with the lack of rain lately, the golf balls really rolled out gaining extra distance,” Johnson County Central Golf Coach Ben Swanson said.
Thunderbird golfer Taylor Gerdes continued to better her own personal best by shooting a 102, good enough for third place.
JCC finished runner-up with a team score of 427. Syracuse was third with a 454 and Auburn fourth with a 455.
Team Scoring: East Atchison 381, JCC 427, Syracuse 454, Auburn 455, No Team Scoring – Palmyra, Exeter-Milligan, Cedar Bluffs
Top 15 Individuals
- Kaely Kirwin, East Atchison 88
- Lauren Quimby, East Atchison 89
- Taylor Gerdes, JCC 102
- Lily Kastens, Syracuse 104
- Chloe Bruns, East Atchison 104
- Charla Eggleson, JCC 106
- Kacy Jones, Auburn 107
- Mikayla Roeder, Palmyra 107
- Erika Cruz, JCC 112
- Lindsey Wills, Auburn 112
- Jae Barnett, East Atchison 114
- Caitlyn Carlson, Syracuse 115
- Kaia Piotrowski, Auburn 117
- Macy Due, Exeter-Milligan 117
- Kirsten Schutz, Syracuse 118