UPDATE: House Fire Causes $30,000 Loss

BEATRICE – An electrical problem is believed to be the cause of a fire that caused a significant building and contents loss, Saturday night in Beatrice.

:06                  “saw the fire”

Fire Chief Brian Daake says firefighters were sent to the two-story home on the northwest corner of Fifth and High Streets, at around 7:48 p.m.

A family of eight escaped the fire, which began in an upstairs bedroom and spread to the attic. The fire damage was contained to the upper floor and attic.

:03                  “$30,000”

Daake says there were no injuries reported from the fire and smoke.

:06                  “to the fire”

The last fire units cleared the scene at about 10:55, Saturday night.  The home was the former location of the Beatrice YWCA and later was used as a teen gathering place, prior to becoming a residence.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments