BEATRICE – The Nebraska Hospital Association has recognized 66 Nebraska member hospital employees with the group’s “The Caring Kind” award.
Employees were honored at a recent NHA Annual Convention lunch, held in LaVista.
Southeast Nebraska health care employees who were honored include:
- Amanda Fletcher, of Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center, in Beatrice
- John Babula, of Friend Community Healthcare System, in Friend
- Kate Burd, of Thayer County Health Services, in Hebron
- Jed Droge, of Johnson County Hospital, in Tecumseh
- Raven Gerths, of Jefferson Community Health and Life Gardenside, in Fairbury
- Marcia Ghyra, of Pawnee County Memorial Hospital, in Pawnee City
- Valerie Poppert, of Fillmore County Hospital, in Geneva
- Jade Roth, of Crete Medical Center, in Crete
- Carol Schneider, of Nemaha County Hospital, in Auburn
The Nebraska Hospital Association has been presenting the awards for 38 years, to recognize health care employees who demonstrate compassion for patients, cooperation with co-workers and dedication to excellence.