Squirrel Causes Evacuation at Lambert Vet Supply

FAIRBURY – Smells of smoke coming from the Lambert Vet Supply building on Fourth Street caused workers to be evacuated on Thursday afternoon.


There was no fire in the building, but the cause was discovered to be a squirrel that was electrocuted by a power line.

The street was temporarily blocked off as the Fairbury Fire Department was at the scene. The Fairbury Police Department also reported to the area.


All workers have been allowed back onto the premises.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.