This week, I’m introducing a brand new podcast called Round These Parts.
During the week, I spend my time driving all over the Ol’ Red 99.5 listening area, gathering stories, calling games and talking with a myriad of fascinating people.
The more interviews I’ve done on this job, the more I’ve realized – this area has so many great stories to tell. If only we had time to tell them all in full.
That’s where this podcast comes in. This will be a weekly mash-up of every single interview I do during the week while I’m out gathering the stories that matter to our audience.
One thing’s for sure – I won’t have time to hit every story, every game, and every town each week. Ol’ Red covers about 8-10 counties in southeast Nebraska and north central Kansas. That’s a lot of real estate.
My hope is that in a few weeks time, we’ll have talked to a multitude of different people from communities all across our listening and viewing area.
We’ll talk local news, local sports, and more fun things in between. All local all the time.
Without further ado, here’s the first ever episode of Round These Parts.
This week’s lineup:
- 9:08 – Jefferson County Chief Deputy Sheriff Matthew Schultz (more here)
- 13:33 – Meridian Public School bus driver Charles Houser (more here)
- 22:15 – Meridian FFA advisor Sarah Wollenburg (more here and here)
- 30:13 – Wilber-Clatonia head football coach Lynn Jurgens
- listen to Wilber-Clatonia vs. North Bend Central on Friday at 7 pm here.
Story/interview ideas always welcome at TRezac@NewsChannelNebraska.com.
You can follow Tommy on Twitter @Tommy_NCN.