Ohiowa Cafe suffers electrical fire Wednesday, should be open again soon

OHIOWA – An electrical fire over the lunch hour at Ohiowa Cafe closed the popular restaurant Wednesday.

Owner Steve Oz says the restaurants’ electrical panel block “more or less blew up” around 12:15 p.m.

Oz, who’s owned Ohiowa Cafe for 20 years, says about 15-20 people were enjoying lunch when the incident occurred. No one was injured.

“Luckily, there were three firemen there,” he said.

The fire was out in minutes, and the damage was limited to the electrical panel.

Oz says an electrician has already assessed the damage, ordered the necessary equipment, picked it up and should have it installed shortly. Oz estimates the Cafe will open again by Friday.

His son, who works for Lichti Oil in nearby Shickley, brought over a generator to provide power for coolers and freezers to keep food from spoiling.

“Everything should be alright,” Oz said. “I don’t know how much this electrical stuff will be. Quite a bit, probably.”

You can follow Tommy on Twitter @Tommy_NCN.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments