No Injuries in Beatrice Mobile Home Fire

BEATRICE – Occupants escaped injury when a fire broke out in a mobile home late Monday morning, in north Beatrice.

Beatrice Firefighters were sent to 316 Cheyenne Drive at about 11:40 a.m., and encountered dense smoke coming from a north side window of the structure when they arrived.

:11                  “the fire”

Beatrice Assistant Fire Chief Jake Carrel says it appears the fire originated in a laundry room area of the mobile home.   Captain Corey Lieneman says the cause has been traced to a faulty extension cord.  

:04                  “that sort of thing”

Fire damage is estimated at $3,000.  The fire damage was to the laundry area while there was significant smoke throughout the home.  A department ambulance was sent to the scene, but there were no injuries in the fire.

:05                  “out, and safe”

The mobile home is along the east side of Cheyenne Drive, northwest of the Indian Creek Mall.   The fire damage was confined to the interior and no other surrounding structures were damaged.

One Beatrice pumper truck and the ambulance were sent to the scene.  Firefighters finished work at the scene, at about 1:23 p.m.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments