New Year’s Day House Fire in Beatrice, Caused by Electrical Problem

BEATRICE –  Beatrice City and Rural Firefighters spent over nine hours at the scene of a fire that destroyed a house in west Beatrice, New Year’s Day.

Firefighters were sent to 633 West Court Street to a fire in the attic of a house along the south side of the street.

City Fire Captain Craig Fisher says the last fire units finished work at the scene at around 10:50, yesterday morning.   A family of six escaped the fire, without injury.  Fisher says the cause of the fire has been determined to be an electrical problem.

:10                  “space heater”

A Nebraska Fire Marshal investigator was summoned to help examine what started the fire.  No damage estimate is available, but Fisher says the family who resides there, lost most everything they had.

:17                  “like that”

Fisher says it was a tough environment for firefighters battling the blaze in the early morning hours, with air temperatures falling to as low at 18-below zero, shortly after eight a.m.

:16                  “onto that”

Fisher says firefighters went back to the scene at around 5:40 p.m. to check the smoldering structure, but they were called back again, late Monday night.

:07                  “thirty minutes”

West Court Street was blocked off around the fire scene for nearly all of New Year’s Day morning.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments