Natural Gas Smell Prompts Lutheran School Evacuation

BEATRICE – St. Paul’s Lutheran School in east Beatrice was evacuated early Monday morning, after natural gas was detected inside the building.  The odor of the chemical in natural gas was noticeable inside the elementary school building, according to Beatrice Firefighter and Paramedic, Dave Heckman.

:06                  “got left on”

Firefighters were sent to the school at around 7:30 a.m.,just before classes were to get underway.  Children arriving at school with their parents were kept outside of the building, while firefighters were ventilating the interior of the school.

:06                  “kids got here”

A Black Hills Energy crew was summoned to the scene.

There were no health problems reported from the natural gas.  Classes were expected to resume after gas company officials completed their review of the scene.  The crew arrived at around 8:30 a.m.

St. Paul’s Lutheran School held their PTL Turkey Supper Saturday night at the school, located along Prairie Lane.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments