LINCOLN – The schedule is officially set for the mobile children’s museum that will tour the state throughout the spring, summer and fall.
“Truckin’ Through Nebraska” will begin in Omaha on April 7th and go all summer, before closing out in the autumn in Falls City, Beatrice and Nebraska City.
According to the schedule, the event will run in Falls City Thursday, September 28th and Friday, September 29th. It will then visit Beatrice from Sunday October 1st – Wednesday, October 3rd. It will close out it’s tour in Nebraska City, beginning on Friday October 6th, to Sunday, October 8th.
The three stops are the final ones of the tour.
The mobile exhibit is the most expensive undertaking in the Nebraska 150 celebration and it will include a hands-on experience for kids that do not have easy access to children’s’ museums.
Nebraska 150 executive director Regan Anson says the event might just be the headlining event of the Nebraska 150 celebration.
“It’s certainly one of the banner events, if not the banner event. I mean all of our events our great and free and open to the public, and we encourage everyone to get involved in everything that they are doing. But, this is definitely the highlight in what we’re doing, and anytime you can involve children, the better, says Anson.
Times for each location will be announced at a later date.
The traveling exhibit will include a 53-foot state of the art trailer, that includes, an area for kids to build their own shelters and test them in a wind chamber and earthquake simulator, Nebraska trivia, a make-your-own-movie station, and multiple other stations. Additional exhibits and activities will surround the climate-controlled trailer outside.
The event is sponsored by the Omaha Children’s Museum and the spectacle will open up on location in April.
1. Ainsworth May 11-12
2. Albion July 18-19
3. Alliance May 23-24
4. Beatrice Oct. 1-3
5. Blair April 18-20
6. Broken Bow Aug. 4-6
7. Burwell July 27-29 Burwell Rodeo
8. Central City Sept. 18-19
9. Chadron May 19-20
10. Chappell June 4-5
11. Columbus Sept. 14-16
12. Crofton June 29-July 1 Q125 Celebration
13. Falls City Sept. 28-29
14. Gordon May 14-15
15. Grand Island Aug. 25-27 Nebraska State Fair
16. Hastings Aug. 12-13 Kool-Aid Days
17. Hebron Sept. 4-5
18. Holdrege Aug. 21-22 Total Solar Eclipse
19. Imperial June 11-12 Science Camp
20. Kimball June 1-2
21. Lexington Aug. 31-Sept. 2 Junk-n-tique Extravaganza
22. Lincoln Sept. 22-24 NE150’s “Salute to the Good Life” on Centennial Mall
23. Madison July 13-15 Madison County Fair
24. McCook June 8-9
25. Mullen June 21-22
26. Nebraska City Oct. 6-8
27. Neligh May 4-5
28. North Platte June 16-18 NEBRASKAland Days
29. Omaha April 7-9 Tour Launch at Omaha Children’s Museum
30. O’Neill May 7-8
31. Ord July 21-23
32. Plainview April 29-30
33. Ravenna Aug. 8-9
34. Red Cloud Aug. 17-19
35. Scottsbluff May 26-28
36. Seward July 4-6 Seward’s Big Fourth of July Celebration
37. South Sioux City April 26-27
38. Valentine June 24-25
39. Wahoo April 12-14
40. Wayne July 8-9 Chicken Days
41. West Point April 22-23
42. York Sept. 8-10 Yorkfest