Flash Fire Sends Beatrice Firefighters to South 4th Home

BEATRICE – Beatrice Firefighters were sent to the scene of a fire at a house south of 4th and Perkins, Sunday night…at the dead end of a gravel street.

Firefighter Mike Arterburn says a resident was in the process of filling some holes with expanding foam, when vapors came in contact with a pilot light.

:16                  “a flash fire”

Firefighters were sent to the scene at about 6:30 p-m.   The home at 703 South 4th is set back from the gravel street, some distance off the west side of 4th.

Arterburn says the damage has been estimated at $5,000, to an enclosed back porch of the home.

:13                  “completely out”

The fire created light smoke throughout the residence and firefighters recommended the occupant not stay at the home overnight.  Officials summoned a Black Hills Energy crew to check the water heater and shut off the gas.  A Beatrice Board of Public Works crew was also summoned to the scene to cut electricity to the area of the home where the fire broke out.

The woman doing the work was not injured and was outside the house when firefighters arrived on scene.   There were no firefighter injuries.

Department personnel remained on the scene until eight p.m.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.