Fire Damages Shed, North of Beatrice

BEATRICE – Beatrice Rural Firefighters were summoned to douse a fire in storage shed Monday night, at about 7:20.

Firefighters were sent to a residence along South 5th Drive…about two miles north of Beatrice.

Beatrice Rural Fire Chief Matt Langley says the fire was caused by cigarette butts that had been placed in a bucket outside the building.  Embers caught the small shed on fire, where some tools and household goods were stored.

Langley says there was fire damage to one side of the structure and firefighters had to peel away part of the roof, to make sure there were no hot spots remaining. There was no damage to a nearby house and a garage.

The loss was estimated at $5,000 to $10,000.   No one was injured, and Beatrice Rural Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments