FAIRBURY – The Fairbury Rural Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Monday afternoon at 2:50 p.m.
Upon arrival at 814 5th Street in Fairbury, crews found the fire in the garage behind the home. According to Chris Parker of the Fairbury Rural Fire Department, an overheated truck that was parked in the garage was the cause of the fire.
Both the garage and the truck are a total loss.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department assisted with traffic control during the fire. Fire personnel had the area cleaned up and normal traffic was resumed by 3:30.