Beatrice Firefighters Sent to North 9th Street Fire

BEATRICE – A fire between a chimney and an exterior wall caused about $3,000 damage to a Beatrice home, early Saturday.

City firefighters were dispatched to 806 North 9th Street, at about 3:36 a.m.

Fire Captain Corey Lienemann says light smoke was observed coming from the northwest exterior of the home when firefighters arrived on scene.  The house is along the east side of North 9th.

Lienemann says the homeowner was using a garden hose to spray water on the house when firefighters arrived and was doing a good job of keeping the situation under control.

Firefighters had to cut a five-by-eight foot hole in the north exterior wall of the home to get at the source of the flames.   Lienemann says the fire started in an area between a fireplace and the wall, likely from heat getting through a crack in the fireplace foundation.

The fire damage was limited to the area between the fireplace and exterior, and Lienemann says there was no fire or smoke damage to the interior of the home.

No injuries were reported.   Firefighters left the scene at about 4:21 a.m.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.