NORFOLK- School is back in session! Norfolk Police and school officials are reminding parents to be cautious when picking up their children.
• Drop off and pick up your children in your school’s designated areas, not the middle of the street.
• Be alert for children who might dart across the street or between vehicles on their way to school.
• Always obey school zone speed limit signs
TIPS FOR CHILDREN WALKING OR BIKING TO SCHOOL:
• Always cross at intersections and designated crosswalks. Look left, right and then left again before proceeding.
• Look for traffic when stepping off a bus or from behind parked cars.
• Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street.
• Always obey crossing guards.
• Always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
Drive safely out there!